Wine etiquette: what it is and what it involves
By “wine etiquette” we mean the set of rules and regulations to be followed for drinking and serving wine properly. Some of the most important rules include:
- The serving temperature of wine. White wines should be served cold and red wines should be served at room temperature.
- Use the appropriate glass. For example, a light white wine should be served in a goblet-shaped glass, while a full-bodied red wine should be served in a goblet-shaped glass.
- The wine should be poured gently, avoiding running it along the edges of the glass.
- Wine should be tasted before serving to ensure that it is in good condition and does not taste “corky.”
- Wine should be served in moderation, preventing guests from drinking too much or too fast.
Finally, it is very important to respect the serving sequence of wines.