How to transport wine: tips and mistakes to avoid
Certain precautions are necessary to transport wine, not only to avoid breaking bottles, but also to safeguard the integrity of the quality of the wine. Temperature changes, for example, can severely alter the taste of wine. Let us therefore see some practical tips:
- Pack the bottles in sturdy cardboard boxes to prevent shocks and breakage during transport.
- Put soft material, such as Styrofoam or paper, around the bottles to absorb shocks.
- Avoid exposure to temperature changes.
- Carry the bottle in a horizontal position to prevent the cap from drying out and losing its seal.
- Avoid carrying wine together with other heavy objects that may cause bumps to the bottles.
Also find out how to store a bottle of wine after opening.