1. DATA CONTROLLER
2. WHAT COOKIES ARE AND WHAT THEY ARE USED FOR
Cookies are small text files that websites visited by the user send to the user’s terminal, where they are stored and then transmitted back to the same sites the next time the same user visits.
Cookies can be installed:
- directly from the owner or manager of the site visited by the user (so-called first-party cookies);
- by third parties other than the owner or manager of the site visited by the user (so-called third-party cookies).
Information collected through first-party cookies is stored by the operator of the site the user visited, while information collected through third-party cookies is stored by the third parties themselves.
3. TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies are used for different purposes (such as, e.g., performing computer authentication, session tracking, etc.) and, based on the purpose pursued by an owner, it is possible to distinguish them into different categories:
Technical cookies are those that allow normal navigation of a site as well as the proper functioning of the site. Since they enable activities that are essential for optimal use of the site, they have the function of facilitating users’ consultation of the site.
They are not used for any further purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or operator of the website.
They can be divided into:
- Browsing or session cookies: ensure normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas);
- analytics cookies: are used to collect information on site usage and can be assimilated to technical cookies where they are used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site;
- Functionality cookies: they allow the user to navigate according to a set of selected criteria (e.g. language) in order to improve the service rendered to the user.
The use of such cookies (first- or third-party) is essential for the proper functioning of a website and services related to the same sites (e.g. login or access to restricted functions in the sites).
Users’ prior consent is not required for the installation of such cookies.
Profiling cookies are aimed at creating profiles related to the user who visits the site and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user as part of web browsing.
Prior consent of the data subject is required for the use of profiling cookies.
Mascarello.com uses technical cookies in order to make the browsing and purchasing experience of its users simple and efficient.
The use of such cookies is necessary for mascarello.com as it is functional to allow you to enjoy the content of the Site. As such, mascarello.com will use technical cookies to ensure the proper performance of the service in accordance with Art. 6(1) of the Regulations.
5. THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
Through browsing the Site and App, third-party cookies may be issued. Specifically, such cookies are issued by:
- Google Analytics – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=it
- Google Adwords – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=it
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
6. CATEGORIES OF SUBJECTS TO WHOM THE DATA MAY BE COMMUNICATED AND PURPOSES OF COMMUNICATION
7. RIGHTS OF INTERESTED PARTIES
Please be advised that, in accordance with current regulations, you have the following rights:
- request and obtain confirmation as to whether or not mascarello.com is processing your data and, if applicable, access to such data and information relating thereto;
- Request the transfer of such data to another data controller;
- To request and obtain modification or supplementation of your data;
- Request and obtain the deletion – and/or restriction of processing – of your data if it is not necessary – or no longer necessary – in relation to the purposes for which it was collected.
The above rights may be exercised by you consistent with the type of information acquired through cookies.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority if you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from mascarello.com regarding your rights or if you believe there has been a violation of your rights.
To exercise the above rights and request information you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org